Running late to a meeting or traveling for work? Not to worry, Aircall's call forwarding feature allows you to set up a transfer for your incoming calls from your Aircall Phone app to a mobile or landline number of your choice.
There are a few important aspects to consider when activating this feature:
- Calls can be forwarded to only one single external number of your choice (mobile or landline). Calls cannot be forwarded to another Aircall number.
- Your Aircall user must be set as available in order for calls to be forwarded.
- Calls will connect to your forward-to-device number via Aircall, meaning the call distribution and ring times you have set for your Aircall numbers are followed even when forwarding, just as if you were signed into your Aircall Phone application.
- Calls making use of forward-to-device will follow typical user availability, meaning only one call can be forwarded at a time per user with the feature enabled.
- If you are signed into your Aircall Phone application and have forward-to-device enabled, you will receive the call simultaneously on both your application and the forward-to-device number. There is currently no option to ring your app first then your forwarding number, or to disable ringing to your app if you are logged in.
- When receiving a call on your forwarding device, an automated message will prompt you to press "1" to prove that you're a human and not a robot.
- Press 1 within 10 seconds before the call cascades to the next available user.
- Calls that are answered on your forwarding devices will be charged as outbound calls.
- You can choose to either see the caller id (number of the caller) on your forward-to-device screen or your Aircall number.
⚠️ If you have installed the Android or iOS mobile app and have also set up call forwarding, you must deactivate either the call forwarding or the mobile app. When both options are enabled, you will experience service interruptions.
Enabling the Forward-to-Device
There are two ways to enable this feature. If you are an Admin, you can activate this feature for yourself or another user from the Dashboard.
Please note that there can only be one forwarding device activated on the user profile.
- Log in to your Dashboard
- Search for a user profile on the home page of the Dashboard
- Scroll down to the section called forward-to-device
- Add the mobile or landline number of your choice and click save
- Scroll further down on the same page to calling preferences
- Under caller id, you can choose to select show caller id or your Aircall number
If you are using the Aircall Phone, you can set this up by clicking on your User Profile in the lower right-hand corner of the Phone.
Click on Account. Scroll to the bottom of the section until you see Forward Calls to a Number.
Enter in the number you’d like to forward calls to:
Once the number has been activated, it will appear as shown below:
A Note About The Press 1 Security Feature
As the Press 1 feature is a security feature, you will need to contact support if you would like to request it be disabled.
If you decide to toggle on/off the forwarding device at any time from the Dashboard or your Phone Settings, the Press 1 feature may automatically be reset and you will need to request for it to be toggled off again.
Please note that when the Press 1 feature is disabled, Aircall will be unable to differentiate between automated messages and real people answering. This means that should a forwarded call make it to the forward-to-device number's voicemail during the course of ringing, the user will be connected to that voicemail instead of your Aircall voicemail.
Caller ID from the Dashboard
If you are using the forward-to-device feature, you can choose which number to display from your user setting's page in the Dashboard.
- When the call is transferred to your device, show the caller ID of the number calling.
- When the call is transferred to your device, show the Aircall phone number it's ringing to.
Adding an Aircall Number
Unfortunately, it is not currently possible to utilize this feature to forward your Aircall calls to another Aircall number. This is largely due to the fact that this feature was intended for use with external numbers only and is a product limitation.
If you should try to add an Aircall number, you'll receive the following error message:
If you'd like to forward calls to an Aircall number, check out our guide on IVR numbers.
Still in need of assistance? Please feel free to reach out to the Support Team and we’ll be happy to assist!