The Aircall-Freshdesk integration has a lot to offer by streamlining workflows and getting rid of manual data entry after a phone call. Thankfully, getting set up only takes a few minutes!
Before you start, make sure that you have admin rights in both Aircall and Freshdesk, and that you are using the same email address for both accounts.
- To begin, login to your Aircall account.
- From your Aircall Dashboard, select Integrations on the left sidebar menu.
- Click on Add an integration, then select Freshdesk.
- Click on Install.
Now you will be guided through few easy steps outlined below.
Step 1: Authenticate Aircall
- Click on New Authentication. (This will open a screen for you to add a required Authentication name. You will see a default name already provided for you. While a name is required, it will not be visible anywhere so any name can be used here -- either the suggested default or a name that you choose yourself.)
- Click Add and a pop-up will appear
- From the pop-up, click on Authorize to allow this integration to access information about your calls in Aircall
- If the integration is successful, you will see a message that says “Authentication for Aircall successfully created.” Once you see this, click on Next
Step 2: Connect An Aircall Number to Freshdesk
- Select an Aircall number from the drop down to connect to Freshdesk. (Please keep in mind that if you do not select a number it will not be linked.)
Step 3: Authenticate Freshdesk
- Click on New Authentication. This will open a screen for you to add a required Authentication name. You will see a default name already provided for you. While a name is required, it will not be visible anywhere so any name can be used here -- either the suggested default or a name that you choose yourself.
- Enter your Freshdesk domain. This is the url that is viewable in the URL bar when you login to your Freshdesk account (e.g. https://aircall.freshdesk.com).
- Enter the email and password used for your Freshdesk Admin account.
- Click Add. If the integration is successful, you will see a message that says “Freshdesk Connected.” Once you see this, click on Next.
Step 4: Customize ticket status (optional)
- Automate the ticket status for each call outcome by choosing from the drop down list options (i.e. Open, Pending, Resolved, Closed) for each call outcome listed (i.e. Inbound answered calls, Inbound unanswered calls, Inbound calls with voicemail, Outbound answered calls, Outbound unanswered calls).
- If you do not make selections, the default options shown will be applied.
⚠️ Note: If you added any custom required fields in Freshdesk when creating tickets, automatic ticket creation may not work. Even if there are mandatory fields, toggle the section on the top right in order to allow Aircall to create tickets. This can be found in Admin > Ticket Field.
Step 5: If a number does not exist
- If a phone number does not exist in Freshdesk, choose whether to create a new “Contact” in Freshdesk or “Nothing.” Note that the text that you type here must match exactly (it is case-sensitive) and if you type "Nothing", no call ticket will be logged in Freshdesk if a phone number does not exist in Freshdesk.
Great, your integration is active! 🎉
Still in need of assistance? Please feel free to reach out to the Support Team and we’ll be happy to assist!