Once you've configured your Salesforce integration, it's important to know and set up how your calls are logged in Salesforce.
Calls will be logged according to the Call Workflow and General Settings you've selected on your Aircall dashboard during the integration setup. You can go back and change these setting by simply logging into your Dashboard and clicking on Integrations.
For each type of call: outbound answered call, outbound un-answered call, inbound answered call, missed call or voicemail), you can choose how you want the call to be logged (completed, in progress, or to not log the call).
Calls logged as Completed will be displayed under Past Activities in Salesforce:
Calls logged as In progress will be displayed under Next Steps:
Please note that if the settings are selected as Do nothing for a particular call type, those calls will not log or display in Salesforce at all.
The call log workflow varies according to your General settings:
- Calls will log either only during business hours, or even when numbers are closed.
- If the number doesn't exist in Salesforce: you can choose to create a new Contact/new Lead/new Account or nothing.
- If the number exists in Salesforce: the call will be automatically logged in the object (Contact/Lead/Account/Person Account) associated with this number.
- Calls will also log to either an existing Case or Opportunity that is assigned to a Contact based on your preference.
- If Case is selected, you are also able to choose for a new one to be created if one does not already exist.
⚠️ Please note:
Calls are not able to be logged to Cases or Opportunities that are associated to Leads, Accounts, or Person Accounts. In order to log to a Case or Opportunity, that Case/Opportunity must be associated with a Contact.
If you have multiple objects with the same number attached, the following order of priority will be respected:
- Person Account
If you have multiple of the same object (i.e. two or more Contacts) with the same number, the call will be logged to the first one returned to us by Salesforce. This is generally the most recently updated object.
If you have multiple Cases or Opportunities associated with a Contact, the call will be logged to the first one returned to us by Salesforce as well.
While we are able to automatically create a new Case should one not already exist, the integration is currently unable to create new Opportunities.
What information will be logged in Salesforce?
- Contact information: The contact's first and last name, phone number and email address.
- Call information: contact or lead, case (if available), direction (e.g. inbound), subject, date, call duration, waiting time (in the call description), recording (if enabled, in the call description, comments, tags, owner (Aircall user who made the call, if present in SF. Aircall user who created the integration otherwise, i.e. admin)
Where is the information logged in Salesforce?
In Salesforce Lightning, the call history data is logged in the Activity tab in your layout view. If you do not have the Activity tab, please follow these instructions in order to add it:
- Log into your Salesforce account
- Go to a Company account
- Click on Setup and select Edit page
- On the scroll down list to the left, click on Activities and drag and drop it on your Account view.
Still in need of assistance? Please feel free to reach out to the Support Team and we’ll be happy to assist!