This integration is in beta.
The Aircall-Segment integration has a lot to offer by turning Aircall events into a valuable source for your data warehouse.Thankfully, getting set up only takes a few minutes.
Before you start, make sure that you have admin rights in both Aircall and Segment.
To begin, login to your Aircall account.
- From your Aircall Dashboard, select Integrations on the left sidebar menu
- Select Segment
- Click on Install
Now you will be guided through three easy steps outlined below.
Step 1: Authenticate Aircall
- Click on Connect to Aircall This will open a screen for you to add a required Authentication name. (You will see a default name already provided for you. While a name is required, it will not be visible anywhere so any name can be used here -- either the suggested default or a name that you choose yourself.)
- Click Add and a pop-up will appear
- From the pop-up, click on Authorize to allow this integration to access information about your calls in Aircall
- If the integration is successful, you will see a message that says “Authentication for Aircall successfully created.” Once you see this, click on Next.
Step 2: Authenticate Segment
- Click on Connect to Segment This will open a screen for you to add a required Authentication name. (You will see a default name already provided for you. While a name is required, it will not be visible anywhere so any name can be used here -- either the suggested default or a name that you choose yourself.)
- A Write Key is required. This is a unique tracking key for your project. You can find this key from the Segment dashboard by following the steps below.
- Login to your Segment account
- Go to Source from the left sidebar menu
- Click on Add Source
- Note: if you see a field to input a Personas Key, please note that this field is not required and you can leave this field blank. We are working to remove it from the installation flow
- When finished, click on Add
Step 3: Select Aircall events to send to Segment
- There are up to 26 Aircall events that can be pushed to Segment. As such, you will see a list of 26 possible events pre-populated for you as the default setting is for all and every Aircall event to be pushed to Segment
- If there are events that you do not want to be sent to Segment, please delete the default value(s) shown in the list of 26 events (or write “null”) if you determine that certain events should not be a source for Segment
- Click on Finish.
Great, your integration is active! Now just connect the Aircall number(s) that you would like to be active for this integration and, that's it! You're all set and ready to get the most out of your Aircall-Help Segment integration.
Still in need of assistance? Please feel free to reach out to the Support Team and we’ll be happy to assist!