Intercom helps you build better customer relationships with scalable messaging that provides a more personal experience for you and your customers. Offering products for sales, marketing & support to connect with customers and grow faster. Thankfully, setting up your Intercom and Aircall Integration is a breeze!
To begin, please ensure that you have admin rights in both Aircall and Intercom and that all of your Aircall users are registered with the same email address for both accounts.
- Log in to your Dashboard
- Select Integrations in the left sidebar menu
- Select Intercom and click on Install
Click on INSTALL:
Connect A Number:
- Select a number that you'd like to link to have linked to the Intercom integration
You'll then be redirected to the Intercom login page. Please enter your credentials and login to your Intercom account to complete the integration.
Finally, you'll need to authorize access between Aircall and Intercom. Please click on Authorize Access:
Once you have completed these steps, your integration is now active!
Define your call settings and rules:
Navigate back to the Aircall Admin Dashboard and scroll down to the General Settings section. Here you will be able to:
- Add or remove the Aircall numbers you want linked to your Intercom integration. Please keep in mind that a number must be linked or it will not work.
- Choose when tickets are created for each type of call.
Defining assignment rules in Intercom:
The last step is to define your assignment rules for missed calls in Intercom. (Please keep in mind you should have an inbox seat to access this part of the integrations and a Pro Plan).
- In Intercom go to the Inbox, then Automation then Assignment Rules
- Select IF message content contains Missed call on [Your Aircall Number], THEN Assign to (select a teammate)
Note on Call Logging to Existing Users:
When multiple Users within Intercom have the same phone number, call logging will be prevented for any calls to or from that number. To ensure all calls are appropriately logged, please ensure each phone number you will be making/receiving calls to/from is saved to only one User.
Making Calls from Intercom using Aircall's Click-to-Dial:
Still in need of assistance? Please feel free to reach out to the Support Team and we’ll be happy to assist!