In order to get you set up this integration, please make sure to get in touch with your PieSync account manager or their Support team so they can assist you throughout the setup.
- Log in to your Dashboard
- Click on Account in the left sidebar menu
- Select API Keys and Add an API Key
- Then, you will need to copy/paste the api id and api token fields as shown below:
- Log in to your PieSync account
- Select Aircall as the service you would like to connect
- Paste your API ID and API Token in the appropriate fields as shown below
- If you have already authorized one or various Aircall accounts in the past in any other PieSync integration, you'll be able to skip the first part of the authorization and Choose an existing account from your connected accounts.
Next, you will need to choose the filters which will allow you to sync contacts between Aircall and the service of your choice. The filters in Piesync follow the If and Then theory.
Filters to determine the contact subsets to sync with:
- [IF] Supported Conditions/Filters: FIELD VALUES & the native Aircall conditions
- Choose the field values already existing in the app you sync, within the IF field as shown below:
- Then choose the supported triggers, within the THEN field as shown below:
Default field mapping:
A number of standard Aircall fields will be mapped by default, in relation to the service, you're syncing with. For instance, a connection with Google Contacts will show the following default field mapping:
PieSync syncs the default name field(s) within the apps. Sometimes the structure might be different in both connected apps . E.g. first and last names are separate in app A and joint in one field in app B. In the background, PieSync joins the first and last names together from app A to B and separates them again from app B to A.
Customizable field mapping:
Aircall does not currently support customizable contact fields. Therefore, you can only custom map any additional standard fields that aren't included in the default mapping yet. Bear in mind that mapping between two fields can only exist if the types of fields are compatible and this will also determine the direction of the mapping. For more information on Customizable Field Mapping please click here.
Aircall requires phone numbers to be formatted according to the E.164 recommended standard (i.e. max. 15 digits preceded by a + and the country prefix).
Should you wish to disable this option, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. Bear in mind this may lead to contacts with non-compliant phone numbers having the US/Canada +1 country code auto-appended. It is not encouraged for users, especially those outside of North America to have this setting disabled!
When using PieSync to synchronize contacts between Aircall and other tools, we recommend switching off the Aircall contact sync feature to prevent creating duplicate contacts.
Still in need of assistance? Please feel free to reach out to the Support Team and we’ll be happy to assist!