In some cases, when using Windows, Aircall can be blocked by Windows Defender. This will significantly hinder your ability to perform actions in the application and should then be configured by your IT administrator or device Admin user.
In order to perform these steps, the person updating the configuration must have admin rights on the device.
Disable Windows Firewall Using the Windows Defender Firewall Control Panel
Go to Control Panel —> System and Security —> Windows Defender Firewall.
Open the Start menu and type windows defender firewall. Click on the Windows Defender Firewall link.
Open the Run dialog box and type in the command control firewall.cpl and click OK.
In the Windows Defender Firewall Control Panel, you should see a familiar list of network profiles; Domain networks, Private networks, and Guest or public networks.
On the left-hand side, click on the Turn Windows Defender on or off.
In the Customize Settings page, you’ll have the option to disable the Windows firewall for each network profile. In the example below, the Windows Firewall was turned off on all network profiles.
Disable the Windows Firewall Using the Windows Security App
To launch the Windows Security app, click on the Start button, and start typing Windows Security. The search result would show the Windows Security app, click on Open.
Launching the Windows Security App in Windows 10
You will see different menu items in the Windows Security app home. Look for Firewall & network protection and click to open it.
The Windows Security App home
On the Firewall & network protection page, you should see the different network profiles listed. These network profiles are Domain Network, Private Network, and Public Network. You can disable Windows Firewall for each of these network connection locations individually. In this example, you need to select the Private Network profile.
List of Network Profiles in the Windows Security app
In this example, the Private Network profile is selected. Once inside the Private Network settings, click on the switch under the Windows Defender Firewall section to turn off. Flipping the switch to the Off position would disable Windows Firewall.
Disable Windows Firewall for the network profile
You can repeat the same steps for the other network profiles if necessary.
Block or Unblock Programs In Windows Defender Firewall
These steps will assist with blocking and unblocking any specific application in Windows Defender.
- Select the “Start” button, then type “Firewall“.
- Select the “Windows Defender Firewall” option.
- Choose the “Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall” option in the left pane.
4. Unchecking the box to the left of the application name disallows it from accessing network resources while checking it allows access. You can also check the boxes to the right of the name labeled “Private” or “Public” to allow and disallow the app on private or public networks respectively.
5. If the program you wish to block or unblock is not listed, you can click the “Allow another app…” button to add it. Choose the application in the list and select “Add“. If the program is not in this list, use the “Browse…” button to select the program file manually.
Still in need of assistance? Please feel free to reach out to the Support Team and we’ll be happy to assist!