Administrators can determine the way inbound calls are received by multiple Agents sharing one number.
By default, inbound calls will cascade down to all agents depending on the order they are assigned to on a number.
However, inbound calls can also be routed to all agents at the same time or distributed evenly to ensure that every agent assigned to the number shares equal call answering responsibility.
Call Distribution Rules
- Cascading calls - Inbound calls will cascade in a predetermined order of users starting from the top each time.
- Least Occupied - Inbound calls will be distributed uniformly, starting with the agent who has taken the fewest calls on a given day.
- Simultaneous calls - Inbound calls will be routed to all available users at the same time and whoever picks up first will take the call.
Setting your Call Distribution preferences:
- Log in to your Dashboard
- Click on Numbers in the left sidebar menu
- Select the number you would like to set Call Distribution for
- Scroll down to Call Distribution and choose your preference.
If you need further assistance, please contact our Support team.