An Interactive Voice Response (IVR) number enables callers to make a selection from a voice menu by using keypad entries. When callers press a specific key, they are redirected to one of your other numbers, and the call cascades to users linked to the number dialed.
The IVR's purpose is to redirect callers to the most appropriate agent or department.
Each of your Aircall numbers can be repurposed as an IVR number. In order to do so:
- Log in to your Dashboard
- Click on Numbers in the left sidebar menu
- Select the number you would like to set as an IVR
- Scroll down to the Call Distribution Section
- Click on Interactive Voice Response as shown below:
- Then, apply rules. Ex: If Caller presses 1, forward call to...
- Once you have set your rules, you will need to add an IVR message to redirect callers to specific Aircall or external numbers. When setting up an IVR, we recommend you to disable your welcome message.
Once your menu is set and your IVR message is recorded, your IVR is officially activated.
If callers do not press a key or press a wrong key, the IVR message will play again. If a caller still makes no choice, callers will either be sent to voicemail (if you've activated the voicemail of your IVR number) or will be asked to call back later (if you haven't).
Can I ask an IVR number to send to another IVR number when pressing a key?
Yes! Just as long as you have followed the steps above to set up both IVR numbers. Also, please make sure not to redirect the caller to the same IVR number as this will create an endless loop.
If you need further assistance, please contact our Support team.