Twilio numbers allow you to send and receive SMS messages on your Twilio account.
Before installing a Twilio number, please take into account the following recommendations:
- If you opt to continue using your Twilio number, Aircall WILL NOT be able to assist your account. Should you encounter any call quality related issues, your support needs would go through Twilio. Every step on your Twilio account is under your responsibility (configuration, invoicing and compliance).
- Twilio numbers are invoiced differently than Aircall numbers. Outbound and Inbound (Toll-free) calls will be charged twice, on Aircall and Twilio. Inbound (Geographic) calls will be charged on Twilio.
If you have more than one Twilio phone number to configure, you will need to repeat the following steps for each of the numbers:
Get your number on Twilio
You can buy a number on your Twilio account (see Twilio's FAQ for more details). Once you have purchased your number, write your Twilio number in international format (+14152148947 for example, make sure there are no spaces dashes or points and that the "plus" sign is the first character...).
Create a new SIP trunk
- Log in to your Twilio account
- Then go to: https://www.twilio.com/console/sip-trunking/trunks (Home > Elastic SIP Trunking > Trunks)
- 3. Click on the red plus sign and write Aircall Trunk as Friendly Name of your new trunk.
- You can turn on Call Recording (even if call recording is not active on Twilio, you can activate it on Aircall) and Secure Trunking (not required).
Configure your new SIP trunk
Once the SIP trunk is created, select the Origination tab in order to configure it. Click on Add New Origination URI and include the following value in the URI field, depending on the region of your number:
- sip:aircall-custom.sip.us1.twilio.com for Asia and Oceania
- sip:aircall-custom.sip.ie1.twilio.com for North and South America
- sip:aircall-custom.sip.sg1.twilio.com for Europe
Add your Twilio number to this trunk
Go to the Numbers tab of your SIP trunk and click on Add an Existing Number. Use filters in order to select your Twilio number.
Check pricing on Twilio's end
Twilio will charge you for each number you own and each minute of incoming calls. Please see Twilio's pricing page (origination section) and be sure to have enough credit on your account: https://www.twilio.com/sip-trunking/pricing
Send us your phone number
Once you have followed all of the previous steps and the setup on Twilio is complete, you can send us your phone number by email at email@example.com. We will plug it manually into your Aircall account.
Note: You can also completely port in your Twilio number to Aircall. Keep in mind that if you decide to do so, you will no longer be able to send and receive SMS messages.
If you need further assistance, please contact our Support team.