Many factors are involved in making a stable network able to handle VOIP communication. Internet speed isn’t enough nor an accurate indication of the quality of your network.
Your network may have periods of Jitter, Latency, and Packet Loss which you won't know about until you start making VoIP calls.
The best way to check if your local network is adapted to the use of Aircall, is to do the following:
Run our online network test
This test will show a static image of your network. It is highly recommendable to run it when the whole team is connected and working together. This will allow you to get an accurate result of your network status.
- Open Internet Explorer or Safari. Make sure you're not using Chrome (since version 42, Chrome has disabled the possibility to run the Java plug-in).
- Go on http://aircall.speedsight.com/quality-library.html.
- Choose the option that corresponds to the number of people using Aircall on the same network and press Run.
- If the system does not detect Java, make sure to install the latest version of Java and launch the test again.
- This popup should appear. Click on Run to launch the test.
- The test takes about 5 minutes to run until the end. You will see a green checkmark or a red cross appear depending on the results of the test.
- If the results display at least one red cross, hit the Email results button at the bottom of the page and type your email address to receive the results (Please check your junk mail if you do not receive them immediately).
- Then, please copy-paste them to our Support team so they can draw conclusions and define the next steps towards resolving the issue.
Note: If the test is still not running after installing Java, make sure to activate the Java plug-in. Click here to learn how to activate the Java plug-in on Safari and Internet Explorer.
Install a Monitoring tool
If you have already performed the Online network test and are still in need of assistance, we can install a Monitoring tool which will enable an analysis of your network over an extended time frame.
This requires you to install a small software on your computer (it's a 2 minutes process). The monitoring tool will analyze your network over a minimum of three days, providing more accurate information about your network stability over time. Please reach out to our Support team to ask for this test.
Reach out to a Network service expert
We are partnering with Network service experts in several countries. If both tests have already been performed and you require expert and custom advice, we can coordinate their intervention on your site. Please reach out to our Support team to launch this process.