If you'd like to import your contacts to Aircall there are a few steps to follow. Let's take a look at getting this setup.
Importing Your Contacts from a CSV file
Where can I find a .csv file?
A .CSV file is one of the most common ways to index contact lists. Using the CSV format, you will be able to export your contact database from any CRM tool you’re using and upload it to Aircall.
Note: Each contact in the CSV file must be separated by a semi-colon.
In order to import your database, your CSV file must have less than 10,000 contacts. If there are more than 10,000 contacts, you will have to split your files into several smaller files.
How should I set up the file?
Open a new Google Sheet and create the headers as follows and fill in your contact data accordingly:
Once you've completed this step, be sure to save the file as a CSV file from Google Sheets:
I have all my contacts in an Excel file, how do I convert it into a CSV file?
Before converting from an Excel file to a CSV file we suggest that your first convert your original Excel file or directly work in a Google Sheets document (this is because some versions of Excel might experience data loss during the export).
To do this, simply copy and paste the data from the Excel document into a Google Sheets document.
From here you will be able to convert the Google spreadsheet into a CSV file. To do this:
- Open your contact file in Google Sheets
- Click File, then Download As...
- Choose the Comma Separated Value (.csv) File Format
You're now ready to import your .CSV file.
- Open your Desktop or Web app
- Go on theSettings page
- Click on Import Contacts and select Import from .csv file
- Drag & drop your .csv file
- Fill in all contact fields (note that a contact can have several phone numbers)
- Choose the default country prefix and decide if you want to share these contacts with your Aircall teammates
- Click on the check mark to import your contacts
- Wait a few minutes for your contact list to appear in your app
Note: If you upload the same .csv file twice, your contacts will be duplicated. To avoid this, make sure you’re only updating new contacts each time.
Deleting or Modifying your Contacts
For security purposes, it is not possible to mass delete your contacts from your Aircall Dashboard or Aircall Phone. Please reach out the support team to request a contact wipe. Then, you can re-upload a new list.
Please keep in mind that if you are using a CRM, your contacts should be saved in the E164 format (+countrycodenumber) to ensure that proper contact synchronization is pushed from Aircall to your CRM.
Have more questions? We love questions! Contact our Support Team, and we’d be more than happy to help!