Our Click-to-Dial feature allows you to automatically dial a call on the Phone by clicking on any phone number in Chrome.
This feature is compatible with macOS and Windows.
You use the Phone on macOS
If you're using the Phone on macOS, Click-to-dial should be automatically enabled by default.
However, if this is not the case, please follow these steps:
- Open FaceTime
- Go to FaceTime Preferences
- In the Settings panel, select Aircall Phone in Default for calls, as shown below:
- Close the panel and close FaceTime.
Now, all tel: and callto: HTML links will load the associated number into Aircall and bring the App to the front.
If you want to convert all phone numbers in Chrome into clickable links, install this Chrome extension.
Note: If you do not find the Aircall option in the Default for calls tab of the Settings panel, please contact our Support team.
You use the Phone on Windows
In order to make the Aircall Phone handle phone number links, you need to install our Chrome extension here.
Also, make sure to have at least the Aircall Phone 1.3.9 version installed:
You use the Phone on Chrome
First, you will need to install the Chrome extension.
- Open your Web app
- Click on thedouble diamond icon in the top right corner
- Select Allow phone.aircall.io to open all web+aircall links, as shown below:
If you can't see thedouble diamond icon, you need to enable external handlers in Chrome.
In order to do so:
- Open Chrome settings
- Scroll down and click Show advanced settings
- In the Privacy tab, click on Content Settings
- Scroll down to the Handlers section and click Manage handlers, as shown below:
- The web+aircall protocol must match phone.aircall.io:
- Thedouble diamond icon should now appear when you reload the tab of your Aircall app.
Note: The app will open tel links only if you're using Chrome (a tel: or callto: link on Internet Explorer will not launch the app).
If you need further assistance, please contact our Support team.