Before following this article, please make sure your router firmware is up to date. It should be at least in version 126.96.36.199
In order to properly set up the QoS on your router, you must first test your bandwidth. Please launch these tests outside of your business hours in order to obtain a proper evaluation of your bandwidth.
If settings are already in place, deactivate the QoS on your router:
- Open your web browser and navigate to http://192.168.1.1/ or the web admin url of your router
- Log in to your router, defaults credentials are ID: admin/Password: admin
- Navigate to Bandwidth management/Quality of Service
- Click on Setup of the appropriate WAN
- Uncheck Enable the QoS Control if it's already ticked
- Now go to speedtest.net and launch 3 different tests one after the other.
Consider the lowest result to set up your QoS. Here, we will set 79 Mbps for download and 74 Mbps for upload.
- Re-enable your QoS for BOTH ways (upload and download)
- Set the WAN Inbound Bandwidth and WAN Outbound Bandwidth according to your results
- Then set the Reserved_bandwidth Ratio of Class 1 to 25%, Class 2 and 3 to 1% as shown below.
- Click OK
- Then, make sure to check Enable the First Priority for VoIP SIP/RTP on port 5060 as shown below and click OK.
Your QoS is now effective, you can follow your call statistics by clicking on this icon !
If you need further assistance you can always contact our Support Team, we will be more than happy to help!