Calls are logged into Salesforce according to your integration setup in Aircall dashboard:
The call log workflow varies according to 2 different cases:
- If the number doesn't exist in Salesforce: depending on your setup, you can choose to create a new Contact / new Lead / new Account or Nothing.
- If the number exists in Salesforce: the call will be automatically logged in the Object (Contact / Lead / Account) associated with this number.
If you have multiple objects with the same number attached, the following order of priority will be respected:
What information will be logged in Salesforce?
- Contact information: The contact's first and last name, its phone and email.
- Call information: Contact or Lead, Case (if available), Direction (e.g. Inbound), Subject, Date, Call duration, Waiting time (in the Call description), Recording (if enabled, in the Call description, Comments, Tags, Owner (Aircall user who made the call, if present in SF. Aircall user who created the integration otherwise, i.e. admin)
Where is the information logged in Salesforce?
In Salesforce lightning, the call history data is logged in the Activity tab in your layout view.
If you do not have the Activity tab, please follow these instructions in order to add it:
- Log into your Salesforce account
- Go to a Company account
- Click on Setup and select Edit page
- On the scroll down list to the left, click on Activities and drag and drop it on your Account view.