How do calls get logged in Salesforce?
Calls will be logged according to the following criteria:
- New Numbers: If the number is not in your database a contact will be created and the call will be logged in the Lead or Contact created
- Number is a Lead but not a Contact: The call will be logged in the Lead
- Number is a Contact but not a Lead: The call will be logged in the Contact
- Number is a Lead and a Contact: The Call will be logged in the Contact
- Open Case attached to the Contact: The Call will be logged in the Contact and linked to the Case
What information will be logged in Salesforce?
- Contact information: The contact's first and last name, its phone and email.
- Call information: Contact or Lead, Case (if available), Direction (e.g. Inbound), Subject, Date,Call duration, Waiting time (in the Call description), Recording (if enabled, in the Call description, Comments, Tags, Owner (Aircall user who made the call, if present in SF. Aircall user who created the integration otherwise, i.e. admin)
Where is the information logged in Salesforce?
In Salesforce lightning, the call history data is logged in the Activity tab in your layout view.
If you do not have the Activity tab, please follow these instructions in order to add it:
- Log into your Salesforce account
- Go on a Company account
- Click on Setup and select Edit page
- On the scroll down list to the left, click on Activities and drag and drop it on your Account view.