Robotic sounding or distorted voice during a call is a Google Chrome related issue that only occurs on Windows 10. In case you've experienced this issue, please follow the recommendations below in order to decrease the recurrence.
1. Deactivate all devices, except your main headset.
- Right click the Speaker icon on the bottom right corner of your task tab and select Playback devices.
- Make sure to disable the Playback and Recording devices you are not using.
2. Configure your Sound communications.
- Right click the Speaker/Headphone icon on the bottom right corner of your task tab and select Sounds.
- Go to the Communications tab and select "Do nothing".
3. Update your USB drivers if you're using a USB headset.
Downloading and installing the latest drivers can resolve this type of issue. To do so, go to your headset manufacturer's website and install latest available drivers (USB Headset, Computer soundboard, Bus USB ports).
4. Update your Windows 10.
These easy to follow instructions will guide you through checking and downloading any available updates for Windows 10.
If you need further assistance, please contact our Support team.