Why waste time copying & pasting numbers when our Click-to-Dial feature allows you to automatically dial a phone number directly on the Desktop or Web app (or within the Aircall CTI of your integration) Now, let’s take a look at the steps to set this up:
First, you'll need to install the Aircall Google Chrome Extension.
To activate the extension, please follow these steps:
- Click on the Aircall Extension icon on the navigation bar of your browser.
- Click on Log into Aircall (a new tab will open on the page phone.aircall.io)
- In this tab, you will need to log in with your email and password.
- ⚠️ Once you have logged in, you can now close the tab and keep on using your Desktop app or Aircall CTI (CRM) as normal.
How Does the Click-to-Dial Feature Work?
The Click-to-Dial feature will automatically detect and highlight (in green) numbers on web pages for you. In some cases, you may see a green phone icon appear next to a numerical field or hyperlink that contains a phone number.
Please keep in mind that phone numbers (international and local) are automatically detected within the international calling format set by the default country code as defined in your app.
⚠️ If you change the default country code on your app, you'll need to reload your Chrome Browser to apply these changes.
Deactivating Automatic Number Detection
The Click-to-Dial feature also allows you to deactivate automatic phone number detection on specific domains/websites. You can do so by following these steps:
- Launch the website that you would like to deactivate automatic number detection
- Click on the Aircall extension icon in the navigator bar
- Deactivate the automatic number selection
- Reload the web page to apply changes
You’ll know that the Click-to-Dial feature has been deactivated when the Aircall extension icon appears as pictured below:
Select (right-click) to Dial
The Click-to-Dial feature also allows you to manually dial a phone number from a web page. You can do this by:
- Right-clicking on a number on the web page
- Click on "dial XXXXX on Aircall Phone"
You're now ready to start using our Click-to-Dial feature!
Still have questions? Please feel free to contact our Support Team at email@example.com we are always happy to assist you!