Our brand new and improved Click-to-Dial feature allows you to easily and automatically dial a phone number directly on the Desktop app, Web app or Aircall CTI embedded in your CRM interface by clicking on any phone number on a web page.
How to activate the Click to Dial feature
1 - First, you'll simply need to install the Aircall chrome extension
2 - Then to activate the feature, make sure you log in following the steps below
- Click on the Aircall Extension icon on the navigator top bar
- Click on Log in to Aircall – (a tab will open on the page phone.aircall.io)
- In this tab, you will need to log in with your email and password
- ⚠️ Once you're logged in, you can close the tab and keep on using your Desktop app or Aircall CTI in your CRM interface as usual
How does the Click to dial feature work
1 - Automatic phone number detection
The Click to Dial feature automatically detects and highlights numbers on web pages in green or adds a green phone icon next to a field or hyperlink that contains a phone number.
The phone numbers automatically detected are all international phone number and local phone numbers of the default country code you've defined on the app.
⚠️ If you change the default country code on your app, you'll need to reload your Chrome browser to apply the changes.
2 - Deactivate phone number detection
The Click to Dial feature allows you to deactivate automatic phone number detection on specific domains/websites.
To do so :
- Go on the website for which you would like to deactivate automatic number detection
- Click on the Aircall extension icon on the navigator bar
- Deactivate the automatic number selection
- Reload your web page to apply changes
You'll then be able to see when Click to Dial has been deactivated on a website by looking at the Aircall Extension icon that will look like this
Simply follow the same steps mentioned above whenever you need to reactivate automatic phone number detection for specific websites.
3 - Select to dial
The Click to Dial feature also allows you to manually dial a phone number from a web page.
To do so :
- Right-click on a number on a web page
- Click on "dial XXXXX on Aircall Phone"
That's it! You're now ready to start using our new Click to Dial feature!
If you need further assistance you can always contact our Support Team, we will be more than happy to help!