Whether you are speaking to a customer over the phone who is experiencing technical difficulty and you need extra support or having a meeting with colleagues and would like to loop in another team member, our new conference call feature allows you instantly add an additional caller to your conversation.
What can this feature do?
When an inbound or outbound call is taking place, you can:
- Add in your teammates, dial an external number, or add another contact to the call.
- Disconnect a member from the call.
- Add tags, comments or assign the entire conference call to yourself or another team member.
- Put specific members of the conference call on hold.
How does this feature work?
- During an inbound or outbound call, click on the plus button located on the menu of your call to bring up additional call options.
- Click on Add people.
- Type in a registered contact name, a new number or a teammate's name to add another member to the call.
Once you have successfully begun a call with a participant, you can continue adding members to the call by typing in the Add People field. You can also add more than one participant to the call from the beginning.
Please note that you can only have a maximum of five participants in the conference call.
Ending the call
When you are ready to end the call, if there are two or more Aircall agents on the call and one hangs up, the conference call will continue with the remaining participants.
If there is only one Aircall agent on the call and they hang up, the call will end for all participants.
Please note that every conference call will automatically be tagged as "conference call" so that you can filter your calls by searching for this tag and any comments will include the name of the specific agent that has commented.
How are these calls recorded in your Dashboard?
Conference calls will appear in your Livefeed as "Melissa & Isabelle are in a call with Mark Zuckerberg & 2 Others" and will appear in your analytics as one call.
Conference calls will be logged under the first contact called and will include the conference call specification tag, as well as a complete list of participants with all synced tags and comments.