Our partners at Help Scout have updated their API, the application programming interface that allows tools like Aircall to communicate with their product and build powerful integration features.
As such, we’ve updated our code so that it uses the new version of Help Scout’s API. And we didn’t stop there -- we also took the opportunity to make the integration even better (see the full list of features below).
ACTION REQUIRED: If you have configured the Aircall Help Scout integration prior to May 27, 2019, you’ll need to install the newest version of the Help Scout integration in order to continue to sync the two platforms.
Thankfully, the installation only takes a few minutes.
Step 1: Delete your existing Help Scout integration
Before you start, make sure that you have admin rights in both Aircall and Help Scout.
- To begin, login to your Aircall account.
- From your Aircall Dashboard, select Integrations on the left sidebar menu.
- Scroll to find Help Scout in your list of My Integrations.
- Click on the delete icon pictured below, and then click on the Delete button.
Step 2: Configure your new Help Scout integration
Next, follow the three easy steps outlined here to set up the latest new version of the Help Scout integration.
Once completed, you're all set to get the most out of your Aircall-Help Scout integration. Here are some of the features available with this updated integration:
- Insight cards - a link to the customer profile in Help Scout is shown in Aircall
- Tags - enrich call information by adding tags during or after a call in Aircall
- Call assignment - automate assigning calls to team members in Help Scout
- Mailbox selection - choose where calls will be logged in Help Scout
- Number selection - choose which phone lines are synced to Help Scout
To avoid having your integration fail unexpectedly, admins should install the newest version of our Help Scout integration as soon as possible, ideally by June 6, 2019. While your existing integration may not stop working immediately after that date, we cannot guarantee that it will continue to work in the future until you install the latest version of the Help Scout integration.
Need a little more help? No problem! Just contact our Support Team and we would be happy to help.