The Aircall-Microsoft Teams integration is very easy to setup. Before you start, make sure you have access to your Microsoft Teams account and access to Aircall with Admin permissions.
Step 1: First, in Microsoft teams:
- Go to the menu
- Then click on more apps and search for Aircall.
- Choose the team and channel you want to sync with Aircall. This is where your call activity will be logged. You’ll find more information on advanced ways to set the integration at the end of this article.
- Follow the indications on Microsoft Teams: Configure Aircall and add a name to the integration
- You will be provided with a URL. At that point, copy paste it and go to your Aircall Dashboard
Step 2: Next, in the Aircall dashboard:
- Go to the Integrations tab and choose webhook. There, input the url from Microsoft Teams (as shown below).
- The events you select at this step will define what will appear in your Microsoft Teams channel. You can easily edit this from the Aircall dashboard.
- Once you’re done, go back to Microsoft Teams and click on Done at the end of the form.
That's it! Access your Microsoft Teams channel and watch the action happen.
Advanced Configuration Options
First, let’s look at the kind of Aircall events you can track in Microsoft Dynamics:
- Number -> created, opened, closed, deleted
- Contact -> created, updated, deleted
- Call -> created, answered, ended, assigned, archived, voicemail
- User -> created, opened, closed, deleted
This means you can track:
- All the phone calls made by your team
- Phone lines as they open or close
- Users as they become available or unavailable
- Events related to your account, like adding and removing users or numbers.
You can choose to track all events in one channel, or set up multiple integrations for different channels, for instance to track agent availability and call activity in different channels.
To do this, configure the integration multiple times by going through the simple steps outlined above again. You will be able to choose the events you track in your Aircall dashboard, after configuring the integration (see step 2 above). For instance, you could set up the integration so that we get call activity in one channel, and changes in user availability in another.