Running late to a meeting or traveling for work? Not to worry, Aircalls’ call forwarding feature allows you to set up a transfer for your incoming calls from your Aircall Phone app to a mobile or landline number of your choice.
There are a few important aspects to consider when activating this feature:
- Calls can be forwarded to only one single number of your choice (mobile or landline)
- Your Aircall user must be set as available in order to calls to be forwarded
- Calls must ring into Aircall first before being transferred out of Aircall to the forwarding number.
- When receiving a call on your forwarding device, an automated message will prompt you to press "1" to prove that you're a human and not a robot
- Press 1 within 10 seconds before the call cascades to the next available user
- Calls that are answered on your forwarding devices will be charged as outbound calls
- You can choose to either see the caller id (number of the caller) on your forward-to device screen or your Aircall number
Enabling the Forward-to-Device
There are two ways to enable this feature. If you are an Admin, you can activate this feature for yourself or another user from the Dashboard.
Please note that there can only be one forwarding device activated on the user profile.
- Log in to your Dashboard
- Search for a user profile in the landing page
- Scroll down to forward-to-device
- Add the mobile or landline number of your choice and click save
- Scroll further down on the same page to calling preferences
- Under caller id, you can choose to select show caller id or your Aircall number
If you are using the Aircall Phone, you can set this up by clicking on your User Profile in the lower left-hand corner of the Phone.
Click on Account. Scroll to the bottom of the section until you see Forward Calls to a Number.
Enter in the number you’d like to forward calls to.
Once the number has been activated, it will appear as shown below:
Please keep in mind that you can request to turn off the press 1 feature directly from the Support Team. If you decide to toggle on/off the forwarding device, the press 1 feature will automatically be reactivated.
Finally, If you have installed the Android or iOS mobile app and set up call forwarding, make sure to deactivate either the call forwarding device or the mobile app. When keeping both the forwarding feature and mobile app activated at the same time, you will experience service interruptions.
Have more questions? We LOVE questions! Just contact our Support Team and we’ll be happy to assist.